How Soon Will I See Results from Restylane Lyft Injections?
You will see an improvement in the severity of your wrinkles immediately after treatment. Some temporary swelling, redness, bruising, or tenderness is possible at first, so it may be a few days before you see the final results. These effects are usually mild and shouldn’t prevent you from returning to your daily activities.
Swelling may be more likely in patients under the age of 36, and bruising may be more likely in patients over the age of 35.
What do injections feel like?
Most patients describe a pinching feeling with injection. We can give you a topical anesthetic to ease any discomfort. Because it already contains lidocaine, a mild anesthetic, Restylane Lyft can help increase comfort during treatment.
How long does Restylane Lyft last?
Restylane Lyft can last up to 6 months. In our experience, results of hyaluronic acid filler products like Restylane Lyft are quite consistent, lasting 6-9 months on average. Many patients notice their results for a full 12 months or longer, but since each patient is so unique, it is best not to suggest this will be true for all.
If you’re new to fillers, Restylane Lyft can be an excellent option to “try out” the results of injectable wrinkle treatment to fine-tune your idea for how you want to look.
What are my options for fillers that last longer than Restylane Lyft?
If you’re interested in a filler that will last longer than 6-9 months, you may consider a Sculptra, Radiesse, or Bellafill. Each of these uses a different main filler ingredient, designed to last 12 months to 2 years or more.
Your Options for Neurotoxin Injections at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Toxin injections are incredibly popular—over 4.2 million procedures were performed in the U.S. during 2015. When performed by a qualified provider, injections are a safe and effective way to refresh your appearance. The different brand name products are very similar in practice; each has a unique formulation that may make one more closely suited to your needs. Learn what to expect during treatment in our BOTOX & Dysport Q&A »
- BOTOX Cosmetic: BOTOX tends to be used mostly in muscles related to expression lines around the eyes, forehead, and mouth. It is often effective in areas where fillers may not be. BOTOX is a very safe and effective injectable and very popular among patients. Read our comprehensive guide about BOTOX Cosmetic: Not All BOTOX Is Created Equal.
- Dysport: Dysport is made with the same ingredient as BOTOX®—botulinum toxin type A—but in a different formulation. Like BOTOX, it tends to be most effective in treating wrinkles caused by muscles related to expression lines around the eyes, forehead, and mouth.
- Xeomin: As with BOTOX and Dysport, botulinum toxin is the active ingredient in Xeomin, and it is most effective for treating lines around the eyes and forehead. The difference is that Xeomin does not have accessory protein buffers surrounding the active molecules.
Your Filler Options at LJCSC
As you read the following, you will probably find that more than one of these products addresses your concerns. When you meet with Lauren or one of our board certified plastic surgeons, we will able to advise you as to which product or products will best help you achieve your desired result. Curious to know what filler treatments are like? Read our Dermal Filler Q&A.
- Juvéderm: This hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler works together with the body’s own hyaluronic acid to create volume. Allergan officially released the product in January 2007, and LJCSC was a testing site. Studies show that results last up to 6–12 months. Juvéderm is effective for the nasolabial folds, under the eyes, between the eyebrows, and for lip plumping.
- Radiesse: This filler is made with calcium hydroxiapatite (CaHA), a primary component of teeth and bones. No skin testing is required. Radiesse has a thicker consistency that allows it to last longer than most fillers, up to a year or longer. It is best for deeper nasolabial folds and rebuilding hollow areas.
- Restylane: Next to BOTOX, Restylane is our second most popular injectable. It is a hyaluronic acid filler (similar to Juvéderm) that plumps up creases under the skin. It is also used for nasolabial folds, under the eyes and between eyebrows. Restylane is the most popular product for creating fuller-looking lips. Results can last up to six months.
- Belotero Balance: Belotero Balance is a hyaluronic acid filler that is formulated to conform to a patient’s existing facial features especially well. It has a soft texture that smooths out moderate to severe wrinkles in the nasolabial folds and around the mouth. Belotero typically lasts 6 months or longer.
- Sculptra: Another product in our filler line-up, Sculptra is composed of poly-L-lactic acid, a synthetic material that does not require a skin test. Again, this product fills in wrinkles and depressions in facial areas such as the nasolabial folds. Sculptra is injected in small amounts so for certain areas multiple treatments are necessary, but results can last a year or more.
- Bellafill (formerly Artefill): The first injectable dermal filler approved by the FDA for use in the U.S., Bellafill uniquely combines purified bovine collagen gel, tiny synthetic beads (polymethymethacrylate), and lidocaine (anesthetic agent). Treatment results with Bellafill provide the longest-lasting wrinkle reduction available without surgery.