La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre & Med Spa is San Diego’s most-awarded aesthetic team. When we founded our practice in 1988, we made the decision to create a place where you could count on the highest quality care while relaxing in a comfortable, home-like environment. Whether you’re working with us in cosmetic surgery or medical spa treatments, our philosophy holds the same today. We work to make people feel like their best self by providing the highest quality medical care & treating our patients like we would family. The secret of our success is hiring incredible people, who love what they do, work as a team, maintain the highest ethical standards, take initiative & have fun while doing it. If this sounds like a fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
We’re looking for our next ALL-STAR team members to join our Dream Team! We are opening our second Medical Spa location in Carlsbad, California in February/March of 2023 and are preparing to staff for our Carlsbad location!
We are seeking a highly-skilled and self-motivated person to join our award-winning team. In this position, you will be the first face our patients see so the ideal candidate is someone who is warm, welcoming, and loves interacting with people. Reliability and a strong work ethic combined with great communication skills are a must, as well as familiarity with all necessary office equipment, software, and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Greet patients in a friendly manner as they enter the office
· Guide patients to living room and offer refreshments
· Answer incoming calls, scheduling follow up appointments, and triage calls to appropriate team members
· Prepare charts and necessary documents for daily schedule
· Maintain patient records, scan documents, and collect new patient forms
· Sell various skin care and other product lines
· Assist nursing team with rooming patients, if needed
· Monitor schedule and stay in constant contact with patients waiting in living room
· Keep living room and beverage station tidy and stocked
· Receive and process patient payments
· Assist with various marketing campaigns and reporting
· Perform other tasks that may be required to meet patient needs
Prior Work Experience in Medical Office Setting with Knowledge in the Following Areas:
· Knowledge of cosmetic surgery or Med Spa policies and procedures
· Knowledge of medical chart reporting/records
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· Exceptional grammar, spelling, and punctuation to communicate effectively
· Familiarity and use of sales software
· Ability to work effectively as a team member with physicians and other staff.
· Ability to work at a fast pace without overwhelm and with a positive attitude.
· Ability to listen and appropriately communicate with clients.
· Ability to exemplify exceptional customer service in all patient interactions.
· Ability to act calmly and effectively in all scenarios.
· Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
· Ability to plan, organize, and manage time.
· Ability to communicate clearly, kindly and effectively.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
PLEASE NOTE: We ask you only apply if you are a hard worker and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Our practice sets very high-performance standards for our team in effort to deliver the highest quality care to our patients. Additionally, we are continuously reinventing ourselves to take better care of our patients, so you must be able to adapt to change and interact with multiple software programs. Consider yourself warned (wink!).
This is a full-time position with varying hours, so schedule flexibility is required. Our current office hours are 8:00 am – 8:00 pm with the plans to expand to evening and weekend hours.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 – $21.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Carlsbad, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Customer service: 3 years (Required)