Wondering if it’s time for a facelift? At our plastic surgery practice in San Diego, facelifts are one of our most popular procedures for taking years off your appearance and helping you look as much as 10 years younger. But this anti-aging surgery isn’t always the best approach, especially for those who aren’t quite ready for the full experience.
How can you be sure facelift surgery is the right choice for you and that now is the right time? In this blog post, we’ll share a few tell-tale signs to keep an eye out for.
3 Signs You’re Ready for a Facelift
While many people feel ready for a facelift in their 40s and up, there is no set “right” age for a facelift. It’s all about the concerns you’re seeing, at whatever age you happen to see them. Here are a few common signs you’re ready:
- You have significant sagging in your lower face: Jowls, loss of definition in the jawline, and a squarer face shape are all commonly treated with a facelift.
- You have deep folds or creases in your face: Deep nasolabial folds that run from your nose to the sides of your mouth, or marionette lines that run from the sides of your mouth down to your chin, may require surgical skin tightening for the best results.
- Nonsurgical treatments aren’t doing the trick anymore: Fillers may have been enough for you in the past, but now you need more and more each visit, and you can never quite achieve the results you want.
If these sound familiar, it’s a good sign you’re ready for a facelift consultation. When you meet with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons, he or she will talk through your concerns with you to determine whether surgery is the best next step.
Remember: A consultation is not a commitment to surgery; it’s just a chance to talk one-on-one with a surgeon about what’s possible for you.
View this post on Instagram
Not Ready? Try These 3 Treatments Instead
You don’t have to wait until you’re ready for a facelift to rejuvenate your face. In fact, nonsurgical options can do some pretty amazing things in the way of turning back the clock. In addition to the neurotoxins and fillers you likely already love, the following treatments can help you enjoy a younger look:
- Ultherapy®: Stimulate collagen production and tighten your skin nonsurgically with ultrasound energy.
- NovaThreads Thread Lift: Considered a temporary facelift alternative, these injectable threads lift the face and dissolve over time, leaving behind newly produced collagen.
- ThermiSmooth® Face: This treatment precisely heats your skin to stimulate new collagen production and create a smoother, younger look.
These treatments are patient faves, but you have lots of other options available to you, too. Learn more about facial rejuvenation procedures in this previous blog post.
Curious what results you can expect after a facelift? Check out our before-and-after photo gallery.
If you think you may be ready for a facelift and want to learn more from a plastic surgeon here in San Diego, please contact us online or give us a call at (858) 452-1981. We can’t wait to hear from you!