Your Options for Neurotoxin Injections at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Toxin injections are incredibly popular—over 4.2 million procedures were performed in the U.S. during 2015. When performed by a qualified provider, injections are a safe and effective way to refresh your appearance. The different brand name products are very similar in practice; each has a unique formulation that may make one more closely suited to your needs. Learn what to expect during treatment in our BOTOX & Dysport Q&A »
- BOTOX Cosmetic: BOTOX tends to be used mostly in muscles related to expression lines around the eyes, forehead, and mouth. It is often effective in areas where fillers may not be. BOTOX is a very safe and effective injectable and very popular among patients. Read our comprehensive guide about BOTOX Cosmetic: Not All BOTOX Is Created Equal.
- Dysport: Dysport is made with the same ingredient as BOTOX®—botulinum toxin type A—but in a different formulation. Like BOTOX, it tends to be most effective in treating wrinkles caused by muscles related to expression lines around the eyes, forehead, and mouth.
- Xeomin: As with BOTOX and Dysport, botulinum toxin is the active ingredient in Xeomin, and it is most effective for treating lines around the eyes and forehead. The difference is that Xeomin does not have accessory protein buffers surrounding the active molecules.
Your Filler Options at LJCSC
As you read the following, you will probably find that more than one of these products addresses your concerns. When you meet with Lauren or one of our board certified plastic surgeons, we will able to advise you as to which product or products will best help you achieve your desired result. Curious to know what filler treatments are like? Read our Dermal Filler Q&A.
- Juvéderm: This hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler works together with the body’s own hyaluronic acid to create volume. Allergan officially released the product in January 2007, and LJCSC was a testing site. Studies show that results last up to 6–12 months. Juvéderm is effective for the nasolabial folds, under the eyes, between the eyebrows, and for lip plumping.
- Restylane Lyft (formerly Perlane): This dermal filler is the newest member of the Restylane family. The difference in Restylane Lyft is the gel particle size. Restylane Lyft gel particles are larger and designed for deeper injection than Restylane. It works well for severe facial wrinkles and folds.
- Radiesse: This filler is made with calcium hydroxiapatite (CaHA), a primary component of teeth and bones. No skin testing is required. Radiesse has a thicker consistency that allows it to last longer than most fillers, up to a year or longer. It is best for deeper nasolabial folds and rebuilding hollow areas.
- Restylane: Next to BOTOX, Restylane is our second most popular injectable. It is a hyaluronic acid filler (similar to Juvéderm) that plumps up creases under the skin. It is also used for nasolabial folds, under the eyes and between eyebrows. Restylane is the most popular product for creating fuller-looking lips. Results can last up to six months.
- Sculptra: Another product in our filler line-up, Sculptra is composed of poly-L-lactic acid, a synthetic material that does not require a skin test. Again, this product fills in wrinkles and depressions in facial areas such as the nasolabial folds. Sculptra is injected in small amounts so for certain areas multiple treatments are necessary, but results can last a year or more.
Belotero Balance® is a new, FDA-approved dermal filler made from hyaluronic acid, a substance that is already a natural part of your skin’s composition. Belotero Balance® uses a unique, soft formula that integrates into facial skin quickly and evenly.
Who is a candidate for Belotero®?
You may be a candidate for Belotero® if your primary areas of concern are lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth. Belotero® works well on both fine lines as well as more severe wrinkles in these areas.
What is the cost of Belotero® in La Jolla?
At LJCSC, the current price for Belotero is $560 per 1 mL syringe. Be sure to visit our specials page for current rebates, deals and specials on Belotero®. Learn more about our injectables fees.
What are fillers? Learn with Brittany Haley, RN
What areas can Belotero® treat?
Belotero® is designed to be versatile, and is indicated for treating deep creases, such as those in the nasolabial folds (smile lines) and fine lines such as the vertical lines around the lips.
Since 1988, more than 32,000 patients have had safe, successful procedures at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre.
Can I go out in public after Belotero® injections?
There may be some mild swelling after the procedure, but this typically disappears within 24 hours. Using ice will help to decrease any swelling. Most patients look normal with make-up within one hour and return to daily activities immediately after treatment.
Occasionally, mild bruising may be seen or small dots may appear at the locations where the injections occurred. Our lead injector and board-certified physician assistant, Lauren Amico Reed, PA-C, will thoroughly discuss any concerns you have about treatment.
How long does Belotero® last?
Because of its unique, softer formula, Belotero® lasts about 6 months, sometimes longer, in most patients.
Same Day & Late Appointments
Belotero® treatments can be done in our La Jolla office by appointment, and you may be able to come in on the same day you call! We reserve time in our schedules for fillers and Botox appointments. We can also see you during your lunch break, or in the evening on certain days of the week. Call 858-452-1981 to check availability.
Learn More About Facial Fillers
Our board certified physician assistant and aesthetic specialist, Lauren Amico Reed, has shared some of her patients’ most commonly asked questions about injectable facial rejuvenation. Click here to read them now!