Long live lovely lips: Introducing a new option for a subtle, natural look
If you’ve noticed that your pout has changed as you’ve gotten older, LJCSC has the latest, most effective options for providing long-lasting enhancement. And now, we’re pleased to add another great product to our services: Juvéderm VOLBELLA® XC.
VOLBELLA helps diminish vertical lip lines resulting from sun exposure, repeated muscle movement, and the natural aging process, in addition to providing subtle volume to enhance symmetry and improve lip definition.
A product to help you ❤ your lips (that your lips will love!)
VOLBELLA is the latest injectable filler to join the highly popular family of Juvéderm products, and it’s specifically designed for use in and around the lips. When administered by a qualified provider, VOLBELLA is a safe, wonderful solution for anyone who’d like to add subtle volume to the lips, improve vertical lip lines, and correct asymmetry.
Unlike other multi-use fillers, VOLBELLA was formulated with lips in mind—and it provides long-lasting results. In fact, studies have shown that 98% of patients were still happy with their results for up to 12 months!
Since 1988, more than 30,000 patients have had safe, successful procedures at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre.
How VOLBELLA’s special formula works
Like many other dermal fillers, VOLBELLA is composed of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring carbohydrate in your body that keeps skin supple. What makes VOLBELLA different is how the hyaluronic acid is used.
VOLBELLA is specially formulated with patented VYCROSS® technology that combines different molecular weights of hyaluronic acid to make sure your end result is smooth, natural-looking, and long-lasting.
This advanced formula gives us great control over your results, allowing us to specifically address your needs and help you achieve natural enhancement rather than a drastic alteration.
Your VOLBELLA treatment at LJCSC: What to expect
Here at LJCSC, we do our best to offer the latest and greatest technology and products—and we want to make sure we’re helping you choose the very best for your needs. That’s why we’ll help you explore your options during a complimentary evaluation and consultation, during which we’ll chat about your goals, examine your areas of concern, and help you learn a bit more about the solutions that may work for you.
If VOLBELLA is a great fit for you, we’ll begin by examining your lips and mouth to determine the best placement of product to improve your natural lip contours and soften lip lines. We will then inject VOLBELLA into these areas using a very fine needle. Because VOLBELLA is formulated with the anesthetic lidocaine and the needle used is so small, most of our patients say that treatment is comfortable.
The process will take around 30 minutes, after which you can return to all of your normal activities. It’s normal to experience some slight sensitivity, swelling, and redness at the injection site, though VOLBELLA’s special formulation helps keep these side effects mild and short-lived.
Contact us today to learn more or book your treatment!
Your Options for Neurotoxin Injections at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Toxin injections are incredibly popular—over 4.2 million procedures were performed in the U.S. during 2015. When performed by a qualified provider, injections are a safe and effective way to refresh your appearance. The different brand name products are very similar in practice; each has a unique formulation that may make one more closely suited to your needs. Learn what to expect during treatment in our BOTOX & Dysport Q&A »
- BOTOX Cosmetic: BOTOX tends to be used mostly in muscles related to expression lines around the eyes, forehead, and mouth. It is often effective in areas where fillers may not be. BOTOX is a very safe and effective injectable and very popular among patients. Read our comprehensive guide about BOTOX Cosmetic: Not All BOTOX Is Created Equal.
- Dysport: Dysport is made with the same ingredient as BOTOX®—botulinum toxin type A—but in a different formulation. Like BOTOX, it tends to be most effective in treating wrinkles caused by muscles related to expression lines around the eyes, forehead, and mouth.
- Xeomin: As with BOTOX and Dysport, botulinum toxin is the active ingredient in Xeomin, and it is most effective for treating lines around the eyes and forehead. The difference is that Xeomin does not have accessory protein buffers surrounding the active molecules.
Your Filler Options at LJCSC
As you read the following, you will probably find that more than one of these products addresses your concerns. When you meet with Lauren or one of our board certified plastic surgeons, we will able to advise you as to which product or products will best help you achieve your desired result. Curious to know what filler treatments are like? Read our Dermal Filler Q&A.
- Juvéderm: This hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler works together with the body’s own hyaluronic acid to create volume. Allergan officially released the product in January 2007, and LJCSC was a testing site. Studies show that results last up to 6–12 months. Juvéderm is effective for the nasolabial folds, under the eyes, between the eyebrows, and for lip plumping.
- Restylane Lyft (formerly Perlane): This dermal filler is the newest member of the Restylane family. The difference in Restylane Lyft is the gel particle size. Restylane Lyft gel particles are larger and designed for deeper injection than Restylane. It works well for severe facial wrinkles and folds.
- Radiesse: This filler is made with calcium hydroxiapatite (CaHA), a primary component of teeth and bones. No skin testing is required. Radiesse has a thicker consistency that allows it to last longer than most fillers, up to a year or longer. It is best for deeper nasolabial folds and rebuilding hollow areas.
- Restylane: Next to BOTOX, Restylane is our second most popular injectable. It is a hyaluronic acid filler (similar to Juvéderm) that plumps up creases under the skin. It is also used for nasolabial folds, under the eyes and between eyebrows. Restylane is the most popular product for creating fuller-looking lips. Results can last up to six months.
- Sculptra: Another product in our filler line-up, Sculptra is composed of poly-L-lactic acid, a synthetic material that does not require a skin test. Again, this product fills in wrinkles and depressions in facial areas such as the nasolabial folds. Sculptra is injected in small amounts so for certain areas multiple treatments are necessary, but results can last a year or more.
- Bellafill (formerly Artefill): The first injectable dermal filler approved by the FDA for use in the U.S., Bellafill uniquely combines purified bovine collagen gel, tiny synthetic beads (polymethymethacrylate), and lidocaine (anesthetic agent). Treatment results with Bellafill provide the longest-lasting wrinkle reduction available without surgery.