San Diego Sculptra® Injections
What is Sculptra?
Sometimes referred to as the Liquid Facelift, Sculptra is an injectable filler product that, when injected below the skin’s surface, restores volume to correct various signs of aging. Sculptra is a favorite of celebrities and those who have previously used shorter-term fillers love it for its longevity and how natural the effects look over time.
Sculptra is composed of poly-L-lactic acid, a synthetic material. Sculptra is not made from human or animal sources and does not require a skin test. Poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) is a biocompatible (does not harm the body), biodegradable (able to be broken down by the body) material that has been widely used for many years in surgical products.
The effects of Sculptra are long-lasting. In fact, they were shown in a clinical study to last for up to 2 years after the first treatment session.
Same Day & Late Appointments
Sculptra treatments can be done in our La Jolla office by appointment, and you may be able to come in on the same day you call!
We reserve time in our schedules for fillers and Botox appointments. We can also see you during your lunch break, or in the evening on certain days of the week.
Call 858-452-1981 to check availability.
Who is a Candidate for Sculptra?
If you have wrinkles anywhere on your face that you wish to diminish, you may be a candidate for Sculptra injections. You may also be a candidate for Sculptra if you have deep nasolabial folds (the line between your nose and the corner of your mouth), or if you have scars on your face that you wish to improve.
Intended Results of Sculptra
Sculptra corrects lost volume and provides an increase in skin thickness, helping to create a more natural facial appearance in those with facial lipoatrophy.
Sculptra can smooth out, fill in and decrease the appearance of wrinkles, fill and reduce the depth of the nasolabial folds, and fill depressed acne scars.
Since 1988, more than 30,000 patients have had safe, successful procedures at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre.
Healing after Sculptra injections
Immediately following a treatment session, there may be redness, swelling, pain, bruising or all of these signs in the area treated. These usually disappear in a few hours to a few days. Ice should be applied to help decrease swelling.
The treated area should be lightly massaged a few times each day for several days after the treatment session. Most patients feel comfortable going back to their normal routine after treatment.
Learn more at a free consultation
If Sculptra sounds like a good fit for you, contact us to schedule a consultation with one of our skin experts to discuss your concerns and goals.
How long does Sculptra last?
Results are natural-looking and appear gradually over a few weeks time. While the results of other fillers (such as Restylane and Juvederm) last only a few months, Sculptra can last two years or more because it causes the body to stimulate its own collagen.
Do Sculptra injections hurt?
A topical anesthetic or an injection of numbing medicine may be used, if desired, to minimize discomfort.
Sculptra will be injected in small amounts into the skin using a very fine needle. Sculptra takes time to gradually correct the depression in your skin.
Your doctor will decide the appropriate number of treatment sessions and the amount of Sculptra you will need at each. Anywhere from 3 to 6 treatments will be required depending on the amount of skin depression to be corrected. These treatments will usually be approximately 4 weeks apart.
How many treatments are required?
An average cosmetic patient is encouraged to have 2-3 treatments, scheduled 6 weeks apart.
How much does Sculptra cost in San Diego?
Your final price for Sculptra at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre will vary based on the areas you are having treated and how much product will be needed to provide you with optimal results. An average cosmetic patient is encouraged to have 2-3 treatments, scheduled 6 weeks apart. The number of vials needed for best results will be determined by your doctor.
During your consultation, we’ll evaluate your areas of concern and work with you to come up with a treatment plan that provides you with the best results.
Our Sculptra is priced per vial at $750. Be sure to check our specials page for current deals and specials on Sculptra.
Learn more about our injectables fees.
Your Options for Neurotoxin Injections at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Toxin injections are incredibly popular, with millions of procedures performed in the U.S. every year. When performed by a qualified provider, injections are a safe and effective way to refresh your appearance. The different brand name products are very similar in practice; each has a unique formulation that may make one more closely suited to your needs. Learn what to expect during treatment in our BOTOX & Dysport Q&A »
- BOTOX Cosmetic: BOTOX tends to be used mostly in muscles related to expression lines around the eyes, forehead, and mouth. It is often effective in areas where fillers may not be. BOTOX is a very safe and effective injectable and very popular among patients. Read our comprehensive guide about BOTOX Cosmetic: Not All BOTOX Is Created Equal.
- Dysport: Dysport is made with the same ingredient as BOTOX®—botulinum toxin type A—but in a different formulation. Like BOTOX, it tends to be most effective in treating wrinkles caused by muscles related to expression lines around the eyes, forehead, and mouth.
- Xeomin: As with BOTOX and Dysport, botulinum toxin is the active ingredient in Xeomin, and it is most effective for treating lines around the eyes and forehead. The difference is that Xeomin does not have accessory protein buffers surrounding the active molecules.
Your Filler Options at LJCSC
As you read the following, you will probably find that more than one of these products addresses your concerns. When you meet with Lauren or one of our board certified plastic surgeons, we will able to advise you as to which product or products will best help you achieve your desired result. Curious to know what filler treatments are like? Read our Dermal Filler Q&A.
expect with filler injections, read our Dermal Filler Q&A.
- Juvéderm: This hyaluronic acid-based family of gel fillers work together with the body’s own hyaluronic acid to create volume. Allergan officially released the product in January 2007, and LJCSC was a testing site. Juvéderm products can treat a variety of common concerns and are effective for nasolabial folds, under the eyes, between the eyebrows, and for lip enhancement. We offer the latest generation of Juvéderm fillers, including:
- VOLUMA XC to improve cheek contour and add natural volume
- VOLLURE XC for the long-term treatment of nasolabial folds
- VOLBELLA XC and Juvéderm Ultra & Ultra Plus XC for subtle lip plumping and softening of lines around the mouth.
- Restylane: Next to BOTOX, Restylane is our second most popular injectable. It is a hyaluronic acid filler that plumps up creases under the skin. We use it for nasolabial folds, under the eyes, and between eyebrows. Results typically last 6 to 9 months. Here at LJCSC, we offer a variety of Restylane fillers, including:
- Radiesse: This filler is made with calcium hydroxiapatite (CaHA), a primary component of teeth and bones. No skin testing is required. Radiesse can last longer than most fillers—12 months or longer. It is best for deeper nasolabial folds, rebuilding hollow areas, and rejuvenating the hands.
- Belotero Balance: Belotero Balance is a soft hyaluronic acid filler that is formulated to conform to a patient’s existing facial features especially well, and works beautifully for thinner, finer lines. Belotero typically lasts about 6 months.