Juvéderm VOLUMA® XC in San Diego
Cheek enhancement for a youthful shape (and a little lift!)
We’re excited to give you another great filler option to help you get glam!
Juvéderm VOLUMA™ XC is a brand new, FDA-approved injectable gel designed specifically for adding lift and volume to all 3 areas of the cheeks: the apex, the apple, and the hollow.
What are fillers? Learn with Brittany Haley, RN
How VOLUMA works to give you great results
VOLUMA is made from hyaluronic acid (HA), the same soft, natural gel-like substance found in the popular wrinkle filler Juvéderm XC. Because the particles of HA are structured a little differently, VOLUMA can be injected more deeply underneath the skin and over a larger area.
These unique properties make VOLUMA excellent for adding very natural looking shape and volume to the entire cheek contour.
Since 1988, more than 30,000 patients have had safe, successful procedures at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre.
Is VOLUMA a good option for you?
VOLUMA can be a great treatment option to help you achieve a more youthful facial contour if your cheeks look a little flat or hollow due to aging.
It can also help patients of any age add balance to their facial features if they’ve always wanted more definition to their cheeks.
How long does VOLUMA last?
VOLUMA has been clinically proven to last up to 2 years when administered by an experienced, qualified provider. Just like Juvéderm XC, it is absorbed naturally and harmlessly by the body over time.
These long-lasting effects make it a great cost-effective alternative for shaping the cheeks, providing a happy medium between facial implants and less durable filler options that aren’t specifically designed for the cheeks.
Same Day & Late Appointments
Juvéderm VOLUMA XC treatments can be done in our La Jolla office by appointment, and you may be able to come in on the same day you call!
We reserve time in our schedules for fillers and Botox appointments. We can also see you during your lunch break, or in the evening on certain days of the week.
Call 858-452-1981 to check availability.
Do the injections hurt?
VOLUMA already has a mild anesthetic (lidocaine) added to the syringe to enhance your comfort during treatment. Most patients describe a pinching feeling and pressure as the filler is added.
The most common side effects after treatment are tenderness, swelling, bruising, and redness. These are temporary and should resolve within about 2 weeks.
Ready to give VOLUMA a try? Give us a call!
At your consultation, we’ll help you decide if Juvéderm VOLUMA XC is a good option for you. Call us at 858.452.1981 or contact us online today to make an appointment.
How much does VOLUMA® cost in San Diego?
Your final price for VOLUMA at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre will vary based on the areas you are having treated and how much product will be needed to provide you with optimal results. Most patients are pleased with their results after one treatment, though you should plan on scheduling maintenance treatments every few months.
The price for VOLUMA is $1,100 per syringe. Be sure to check our specials page for current rebates, deals and offers on VOLUMA. Learn more about our injectables fees.
Your Options for Neurotoxin Injections at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Toxin injections are incredibly popular, with millions of procedures performed in the U.S. every year. When performed by a qualified provider, injections are a safe and effective way to refresh your appearance. The different brand name products are very similar in practice; each has a unique formulation that may make one more closely suited to your needs. Learn what to expect during treatment in our BOTOX & Dysport Q&A »
- BOTOX Cosmetic: BOTOX tends to be used mostly in muscles related to expression lines around the eyes, forehead, and mouth. It is often effective in areas where fillers may not be. BOTOX is a very safe and effective injectable and very popular among patients. Read our comprehensive guide about BOTOX Cosmetic: Not All BOTOX Is Created Equal.
- Dysport: Dysport is made with the same ingredient as BOTOX®—botulinum toxin type A—but in a different formulation. Like BOTOX, it tends to be most effective in treating wrinkles caused by muscles related to expression lines around the eyes, forehead, and mouth.
- Xeomin: As with BOTOX and Dysport, botulinum toxin is the active ingredient in Xeomin, and it is most effective for treating lines around the eyes and forehead. The difference is that Xeomin does not have accessory protein buffers surrounding the active molecules.
Your Filler Options at LJCSC
As you read the following, you will probably find that more than one of these products addresses your concerns. When you meet with Lauren or one of our board certified plastic surgeons, we will able to advise you as to which product or products will best help you achieve your desired result. Curious to know what filler treatments are like? Read our Dermal Filler Q&A.
expect with filler injections, read our Dermal Filler Q&A.
- Juvéderm: This hyaluronic acid-based family of gel fillers work together with the body’s own hyaluronic acid to create volume. Allergan officially released the product in January 2007, and LJCSC was a testing site. Juvéderm products can treat a variety of common concerns and are effective for nasolabial folds, under the eyes, between the eyebrows, and for lip enhancement. We offer the latest generation of Juvéderm fillers, including:
- VOLUMA XC to improve cheek contour and add natural volume
- VOLLURE XC for the long-term treatment of nasolabial folds
- VOLBELLA XC and Juvéderm Ultra & Ultra Plus XC for subtle lip plumping and softening of lines around the mouth.
- Restylane: Next to BOTOX, Restylane is our second most popular injectable. It is a hyaluronic acid filler that plumps up creases under the skin. We use it for nasolabial folds, under the eyes, and between eyebrows. Results typically last 6 to 9 months. Here at LJCSC, we offer a variety of Restylane fillers, including:
- Radiesse: This filler is made with calcium hydroxiapatite (CaHA), a primary component of teeth and bones. No skin testing is required. Radiesse can last longer than most fillers—12 months or longer. It is best for deeper nasolabial folds, rebuilding hollow areas, and rejuvenating the hands.
- Sculptra: Technically a collagen builder, Sculptra is composed of poly-L-lactic acid, and helps to gradually fill in wrinkles and depressions in facial areas such as the nasolabial folds by inducing natural collagen production. Sculptra is injected in small amounts so for certain areas multiple treatments are necessary, but results can last a year or more.
- Belotero Balance: Belotero Balance is a soft hyaluronic acid filler that is formulated to conform to a patient’s existing facial features especially well, and works beautifully for thinner, finer lines. Belotero typically lasts about 6 months.
Brilliant Distinctions Program
The Brilliant Distinctions® Program is an exciting new Consumer Loyalty Program that offers a multitude of great rewards when you purchase Allergan products or treatments, such as BOTOX, Juvéderm®, and Latisse®!
Becoming a member is absolutely FREE. You can use your points right away, or wait and combine them in the future for a bigger discount. The points that you earn can be converted into coupons that you can use towards your next BOTOX or Juvéderm treatment, or toward your next Latisse purchase.