Whether as a result of age, hormonal imbalances, or several common medical conditions, many men face erectile dysfunction (ED) at some point in their lives. If your intimate relationships aren’t what they used to be, you can regain your stamina and satisfaction with the P-Shot, available in San Diego at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre & Medical Spa.
The P-Shot is one of today’s most innovative, effective, and minimally invasive men’s sexual health treatments. This page is your resource for everything you need to know about the P-Shot, from how it works to what it’s like to have the treatment done.
What Is the P-Shot & How Does It Work?
The P-Shot is also known as the Priapus Shot®, named for the Greek god of fertility. It uses growth factors found in your own blood platelets to deliver a broad range of benefits, including:
- Improved penile blood flow
- Increased sexual pleasure and sensitivity
- Stronger and more sustained erections
- Enhanced length and girth
- Reduction of urinary incontinence
- More attractive skin texture and appearance
A similar process used with the P-Shot also offers feminine sexual health benefits in the form of the O-Shot®.
What Is It Like To Get the P-Shot?
The P-Shot process works in 3 steps:
- We start by drawing a small amount of blood from your arm, just like a routine lab test.
- We process the blood in a centrifuge to concentrate the plasma, which is full of growth factor-rich platelets.
- Your provider uses a tiny needle to administer 4 quick injections into specific areas of the penis. These shots are as small as BOTOX® Cosmetic injections, which people often say feel like little pinches or bug bites.
Don’t stress about discomfort: We use topical numbing cream to numb the area, and we also offer Pro-Nox™ nitrous oxide (laughing gas) to keep you comfortable and at ease.
What Is Recovery Like After Getting the P-Shot?
Recovery is minimal, and there is no downtime or activity restriction post-treatment. You can even resume sexual activity later that day. This is often considered a lunchtime procedure, meaning it’s so quick and minimally invasive that you can have it done on your lunch break.
How Long Does the P-Shot Take To Work?
The timeline is a little different for everyone. Some people notice improvements right away, while others may need a month or 2 to experience the full effects.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
The standard protocol is one treatment per year. However, this will vary from person to person based on your goals, age, overall health and comorbidities, hormone levels, and other factors. Some people may need more treatments in a series to enjoy their best results.
How Long Do P-Shot Results Last?
Results can last up to a year. This longevity varies by case and severity.