Cosmelan MD Depigmentation Peel in San Diego & Carlsbad, CA
Say bye-bye to dark spots & hello to lovely, luminous skin.
Perfectly clear and evenly toned skin rarely occurs outside of a photoshopped magazine cover—but that doesn’t mean glowing skin is a fantasy.
Hyperpigmentation, skin discolorations, and photodamage are common concerns that can be caused by a number of things, including genetics, changes in hormones, and lifestyle habits. But if dark spots on your skin are making you feel self-conscious, we’ve got a great option for you: the Cosmelan MD depigmentation treatment, available in San Diego at our La Jolla and Carlsbad medical spa locations.
Looking for Cosmelan MD® Depigmentation Peel deals in the San Diego area?
If you want the best price on Cosmelan MD® Depigmentation Peel, skip limited-time specials and coupon codes. Join our GLAMfam VIP Loyalty Club and save 10 to 15% on Cosmelan MD® Depigmentation Peel all year round.Save on Cosmelan MD® Depigmentation Peel Now
Best in the World 2020
LJC is your best choice for plastic surgery and med spa treatments in Southern California and around the globe.Get the Full Story
What Is a Cosmelan Peel?
Cosmelan is a multi-step system that offers improvement for those prone to skin discoloration—and who do not want to undergo a laser treatment or deeper chemical peel. Designed to inhibit the formation of melanin in the skin, Cosmelan is a medical-grade, topical treatment protocol that can help reduce sun damage and age spots caused by melanin, hyperpigmentation, and aging and help to restore a bright, smooth tone and texture to the skin.
Cosmelan combines the tone-balancing power of a peel with the gentleness of a toning mask to achieve noticeable improvements for all skin types without any downtime.
Just Like You
Am I a Good Candidate for Cosmelan?
Wondering if Cosmelan is a good option for you? This depigmentation system can help those who:
- Are concerned with areas of dark pigmentation on the skin
- Are prone to new occurrences of age and sun spots
- Would like a non-invasive treatment that provides noticeable results
The Cosmelan depigmentation peel is effective in treating melasma, solar lentigines, photodamage, age and sun spots, and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Cosmelan is a safe choice for all skin types. During your skin evaluation and consultation, we’ll examine your areas of concern and discuss your goals to determine if Cosmelan is the right option for you.
Your Cosmelan Treatment at LJC
- We’ll thoroughly cleanse and exfoliate the skin to rid it of all makeup and natural oils. This increases the effectiveness of your treatment.
- Once your face is totally clean, we’ll apply the Cosmelan 1 mask, paying special attention to areas most affected by hyperpigmentation.
- After the mask is applied, you will go home with specific instructions and products for removing the mask and caring for your skin afterward. Depending on your skin type and the severity of pigmentation to be corrected, the Cosmelan 1 mask will need to remain on your skin for 6-12 hours.
- After the recommended time is up, you’ll wash off the mask at home using warm water. Be sure to get all of the product off of your skin. You will then apply the Cosmelan 2 maintenance cream to reinforce the depigmentation process.
- Continue to apply this two to three times per day (morning, midday, night) for four weeks. Additionally, keep your skin moisturized and protected from the sun with an SPF product.
- Within a few days, your skin will begin to peel, much like after a sunburn. This process is what lightens the appearance of dark spots, as damaged skin is shed and healthier, underlying skin is revealed. The Cosmelan system does not result in a deep, long-lasting peeling process like other chemical peel options, and your skin should look back to normal (though brighter!) within just a few days.
We will provide you with specific aftercare instructions, and it’s very important to follow them to ensure you get great results that keep your skin happy and healthy.
Our #1 Priority
Since 1988, more than 36,000 patients have had safe, successful procedures at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre & Medical Spa.
Watch Janelle Get a Cosmelan Peel
Reclaim Your Skin Health With a Little Help From LJC
Whether you’re hoping to improve photodamage and discoloration or you’d like to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, the laser and skin specialists at LJC can help. Consultations and skincare evaluations are complimentary, so Click to book a free virtual consultation or contact us at (858) 452-1981 with additional questions about the procedure.
Last reviewed by a La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre & Medical Spa Editor on August 1st, 2023. Meet Our Medical Editors