San Diego BOTOX® Cosmetic
San Diego BOTOX Injections
You may be a candidate for BOTOX Cosmetic if you would like to treat facial wrinkles in the forehead, between the eyes, and in the “crow’s feet” areas around your eyes. BOTOX works by weakening the muscles that cause facial expressions. Once the treated muscles are weakened, the pull of the muscle relaxes and the skin flattens.
BOTOX can be used as a wrinkle treatment to smooth:
- Frown lines
- Crows feet
- Forehead furrows
- Skin bands on the neck
Will my facial expressions continue to look natural?
Although the results are visible with a smoother surface, BOTOX treatment does not radically change your facial appearance. You are able to show full expression without wrinkles and creases.
BOTOX before and after photo progression courtesy of Allergan*
How BOTOX Is Injected
BOTOX Cosmetic can be administered in the office by appointment. BOTOX is freshly prepared on the day of injection. Once prepared, the medication needs to be used within 12 hours, as the potency diminishes with time. Small amounts of BOTOX are injected into the facial muscles using a very tiny needle.
Your BOTOX injections will be administered by one of our talented laser & skin experts or San Diego plastic surgeons.
Evening & Same Day Botox Appointments
BOTOX treatments can be done in our La Jolla office by appointment, and you may be able to come in on the same day you call! We reserve time in our schedules for all filler and Botox appointments. We can also see you during your lunch break, or in the evening on certain days of the week. Call 858-452-1981 to check availability.
Learn about Allergan’s Brilliant Distinctions Program, a customer loyalty program through which you can earn discounts on future treatments and purchases at LJCSC.
BOTOX Q & A with Lauren Amico Reed, PA-C, MMS
Q: What is BOTOX®?
A: BOTOX®Cosmetic is a prescription medicine used to temporarily smooth lines by blocking nerve impulses that trigger wrinkle-causing muscle contractions.
Q: What areas can BOTOX® treat?
A: BOTOX® is most commonly used to reduce wrinkles on the forehead and around the eyes. BOTOX® can also be used to reduce excessive sweating in the armpits and hands.
Q: How long will the procedure take?
A: The procedure typically takes about 10-15 minutes.
Q: Do BOTOX® injections hurt?
A: We use a very tiny needle to inject each unit of BOTOX®. Most patients say they feel some stinging and pinching, but not very much pain.
Are you a candidate for BOTOX?
Which areas can I treat with Botox and what are the benefits?
Preparing for your Botox treatment
Lauren Amico Reed, PA-C, treats patient with Botox
Your Options for Neurotoxin Injections at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Toxin injections are incredibly popular—over 4.2 million procedures were performed in the U.S. during 2015. When performed by a qualified provider, injections are a safe and effective way to refresh your appearance. The different brand name products are very similar in practice; each has a unique formulation that may make one more closely suited to your needs. Learn what to expect during treatment in our BOTOX & Dysport Q&A »
- Dysport: Dysport is made with the same ingredient as BOTOX®—botulinum toxin type A—but in a different formulation. Like BOTOX, it tends to be most effective in treating wrinkles caused by muscles related to expression lines around the eyes, forehead, and mouth.
- Xeomin: As with BOTOX and Dysport, botulinum toxin is the active ingredient in Xeomin, and it is most effective for treating lines around the eyes and forehead. The difference is that Xeomin does not have accessory protein buffers surrounding the active molecules.
Your Filler Options at LJCSC
As you read the following, you will probably find that more than one of these products addresses your concerns. When you meet with Lauren or one of our board certified plastic surgeons, we will able to advise you as to which product or products will best help you achieve your desired result. Curious to know what filler treatments are like? Read our Dermal Filler Q&A.
- Juvéderm: This hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler works together with the body’s own hyaluronic acid to create volume. Allergan officially released the product in January 2007, and LJCSC was a testing site. Studies show that results last up to 6–12 months. Juvéderm is effective for the nasolabial folds, under the eyes, between the eyebrows, and for lip plumping.
- Restylane Lyft (formerly Perlane): This dermal filler is the newest member of the Restylane family. The difference in Restylane Lyft is the gel particle size. Restylane Lyft gel particles are larger and designed for deeper injection than Restylane. It works well for severe facial wrinkles and folds.
- Radiesse: This filler is made with calcium hydroxiapatite (CaHA), a primary component of teeth and bones. No skin testing is required. Radiesse has a thicker consistency that allows it to last longer than most fillers, up to a year or longer. It is best for deeper nasolabial folds and rebuilding hollow areas.
- Restylane: Next to BOTOX, Restylane is our second most popular injectable. It is a hyaluronic acid filler (similar to Juvéderm) that plumps up creases under the skin. It is also used for nasolabial folds, under the eyes and between eyebrows. Restylane is the most popular product for creating fuller-looking lips. Results can last up to six months.
- Belotero Balance: Belotero Balance is a hyaluronic acid filler that is formulated to conform to a patient’s existing facial features especially well. It has a soft texture that smooths out moderate to severe wrinkles in the nasolabial folds and around the mouth. Belotero typically lasts 6 months or longer.
- Sculptra: Another product in our filler line-up, Sculptra is composed of poly-L-lactic acid, a synthetic material that does not require a skin test. Again, this product fills in wrinkles and depressions in facial areas such as the nasolabial folds. Sculptra is injected in small amounts so for certain areas multiple treatments are necessary, but results can last a year or more.
- Bellafill (formerly Artefill): The first injectable dermal filler approved by the FDA for use in the U.S., Bellafill uniquely combines purified bovine collagen gel, tiny synthetic beads (polymethymethacrylate), and lidocaine (anesthetic agent). Treatment results with Bellafill provide the longest-lasting wrinkle reduction available without surgery.
How much does Botox cost in San Diego?
We always price Botox by the unit, so you know you’re getting exactly what you pay for. Our price for BOTOX® Cosmetic is $17 per unit when performed by one of our board certified plastic surgeons, and $14 per unit at our Laser & Skincare Clinic. Learn more about our injectables fees.
Be sure to read our Botox Buyer’s Guide here to understand how our pricing works. Also remember that there are always rebates and discounts available from Allergan, the maker of Botox.
- Learn more and sign up for Brilliant Distinctions, the BOTOX® Cosmetic rewards program
- Read our comprehensive Botox Buyer’s Guide
Brilliant Distinctions Program
The Brilliant Distinctions™ Program is an exciting new Consumer Loyalty Program that offers a multitude of great rewards when you purchase Allergan products or treatments, such as BOTOX, Juvéderm®, and Latisse®!
Becoming a member is absolutely FREE. You can use your points right away, or wait and combine them in the future for a bigger discount. The points that you earn can be converted into coupons that you can use towards your next BOTOX or Juvéderm treatment, or toward your next Latisse purchase.