Don’t panic, but the holidays are coming in hot: now that we’re through Halloween, yule tidings aren’t far behind. Whether you’re known to plan out your holiday shopping well in advance or find yourself scrambling to check off to-dos last minute, chances are you’ll be doing the holiday-gift-shuffle over the next month or so.
Beauty, wellness, and skincare gifts are a popular option for stuffing stockings or treating the beauty guru in your life—but separating the gimmicky fads from quality products can be tricky. Refinery29 recently published a guide to high-tech beauty tools that actually work, and we wanted to share a few of their suggestions High Tech Beauty Tools 2019: Skin & Hair Care Devices(plus some of our own) that will make fabulous gifts.
Snazzy skincare tools
A great skincare routine doesn’t have to be overly complex, but we’re not ashamed to admit we sometimes go gaga over an awesome beauty gizmo.
- At-home LightStim Anti-Aging Kit. What if you could get medical spa-level results at home? While our in-office LightStim Facial offers 50 minutes of pampering and targeted treatment to correct specific concerns, using an at-home kit just a few minutes every day can help maintain healthy, beautiful skin.
- The PMD Clean face brush. Cleaning brushes are a great option for their ability to deep clean, exfoliate away dead skin cells, and help products penetrate deeper. While Clarisonic has long-reigned as the best, other options like PMD are gaining popularity thanks to the more nuanced design and additional features.
Gadgets for gorgeous hair
Does your BFF have a luscious mane of hair that requires a special touch? Help her reduce the amount of time she spends on her daily routine by surprising her with a specialty hair tool. Skip the “as seen on TV” products and try one of these instead:
- The T3 SinglePass Curling Iron is popular among professional hairdressers for good reason—and its stylish design will look great on her vanity.
- The Olaplex hair repair system took salons by storm, and now a few key products available to everyday consumers. These products were developed to repair hair on a molecular level and undo the damage caused by hair dye, heat tools, and more.
- The Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer may come with a hefty price tag, but users swear by the results. In addition to quickly drying and smoothing hair, this hair dryer uses minimal heat to reduce the amount of damage caused.
Other ideas for beauty lovers
None of the above struck your fancy? In recent years, there has been a lot of talk of gifting experiences vs things. We think a beauty experience is a perfect way to treat your BFF or sister without cluttering their dressing table or closet.
- Gift a spa day. At La Jolla Cosmetic Medical Spa, we offer a wide variety of treatments and services and can help you find options to fit your budget. Whether you opt to gift her with a soothing facial, specialty skin treatment, or wrap up a gift card, she’s sure to enjoy a bit of pampering in the hands of our talented team.
- Have a mani/pedi date. Grab a fancy coffee and pastry and then head over to The Nail Shop for a fun and relaxing manicure and pedicure.
We hope these recommendations help you with holiday shopping! Be sure to check out Refinery29’s full list here.