San Diego Restylane® Silk
Whether you’re grinning at an old friend or sharing a first kiss, everyone deserves to feel comfortable and confident with their lips. But for those who have noticed loss of definition, lip thinning, or the appearance of fine lines around the mouth over the years, smiling with confidence can be difficult.
If that sounds familiar, you’re in luck! Here at LJCSC, we have a safe and natural-looking option for subtle lip enhancement. Restylane Silk is an injectable solution specifically designed to improve lip definition and shape and address signs of aging around the mouth.
Safe, beautiful, natural
Restylane Silk is a gentle hyaluronic acid filler, and it’s the first FDA-approved product designed to specifically provide subtle lip enhancement and smooth lines around the mouth. Hyaluronic acid is a carbohydrate that naturally occurs in your skin to provide moisture, support, and elasticity, making it a wonderful option for subtly adding volume and definition to the lips.
What makes Restylane Silk different from other facial fillers is the smaller, smoother particles. Essentially, this means it is gentle enough to use in and around the lips to provide a smooth, natural-looking result. Because lips are particularly sensitive to synthetic products, it’s important to use an injectable filler that will provide beautiful results safely—and it’s crucial to work with a provider who uses appropriate products and can make personalized recommendations.
Since 1988, more than 30,000 patients have had safe, successful procedures at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre.
Who can benefit from Restylane Silk?
Whether you have been self-conscious over thin or poorly defined lips your entire life, or you’ve started noticing loss of volume and definition or deepening lines with age, Restylane Silk can likely help. Restylane Silk can The best way to determine if Restylane Silk is a good option for you is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or experienced, highly trained aesthetician.
Bonus: Restylane Silk can improve sunken tear troughs
Waking up with under-eye bags after a late night is never fun. But what about those who look tired all the time no matter what they do? What makes Restylane Silk a great option for the lips also makes it gentle enough for treating the delicate areas under the eyes. When expertly injected, Restylane Silk can help improve the appearance of dark circles, under-eye bags, and sunken areas near the inner corner for safe and natural-looking tear trough rejuvenation.
Is Restylane Silk right for me?
Ask yourself the following questions to see if Restylane Silk may help take your lips from blah to beautiful:
- Do I wish my lips were a bit fuller?
- Have my lips thinned out as I’ve gotten older?
- Are vertical lip lines or wrinkles around my mouth making me look aged?
- Would my face look more harmonious if my lips were better proportioned?
- Do I look overtired all the time due to sunken tear troughs?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, give us a call! We’d love to talk to you about your options.
Ready to try it for yourself?
If you’d like to learn more about Restylane Silk, and you’re in the San Diego area, contact us today to schedule your complimentary consultation! We’d love to work with you to help you achieve the full, beautiful lips you’ve always wanted!
Your Restylane Silk treatment at LJCSC
Once it’s been determined that Restylane Silk is the right option for you, you’ll take a seat in a comfortable chair in one of our welcoming exam rooms. The natural shape and size of your lips will be evaluated to determine the best placement of product to achieve the most natural-looking enhancement.
After the injection sites have been mapped out, we will carefully inject the product using a fine needle to ensure precise placement. We will slowly increase fullness and define the edges of your lips until the desired results are achieved.
Same Day & Late Appointments
Restylane Lyft treatments can be done in our La Jolla office by appointment, and you may even be able to come in on the same day you call!
We reserve time in our schedules for fillers and Botox appointments. We can also see you during your lunch break, or in the evening on certain days of the week.
Call 858-452-1981 to check availability.
Although you’ll want to be gentle with the treated area, you can resume normal activity after your treatment. It is normal to experience slight swelling, redness, and tenderness on the lips or around the injection sites, but these effects are typically mild and will dissipate within just a few days.
After your treatment, you’ll notice improvement right away, with results becoming more noticeable over the course of about a week as swelling recedes and the product settles. You’ll enjoy your results for around six months, at which point you can schedule a maintenance treatment.
Your Options for Neurotoxin Injections at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Toxin injections are incredibly popular—over 4.2 million procedures were performed in the U.S. during 2015. When performed by a qualified provider, injections are a safe and effective way to refresh your appearance. The different brand name products are very similar in practice; each has a unique formulation that may make one more closely suited to your needs. Learn what to expect during treatment in our BOTOX & Dysport Q&A »
- BOTOX Cosmetic: BOTOX tends to be used mostly in muscles related to expression lines around the eyes, forehead, and mouth. It is often effective in areas where fillers may not be. BOTOX is a very safe and effective injectable and very popular among patients. Read our comprehensive guide about BOTOX Cosmetic: Not All BOTOX Is Created Equal.
- Dysport: Dysport is made with the same ingredient as BOTOX®—botulinum toxin type A—but in a different formulation. Like BOTOX, it tends to be most effective in treating wrinkles caused by muscles related to expression lines around the eyes, forehead, and mouth.
- Xeomin: As with BOTOX and Dysport, botulinum toxin is the active ingredient in Xeomin, and it is most effective for treating lines around the eyes and forehead. The difference is that Xeomin does not have accessory protein buffers surrounding the active molecules.
Your Filler Options at LJCSC
As you read the following, you will probably find that more than one of these products addresses your concerns. When you meet with Lauren or one of our board certified plastic surgeons, we will able to advise you as to which product or products will best help you achieve your desired result. Curious to know what filler treatments are like? Read our Dermal Filler Q&A.
- Juvéderm: This hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler works together with the body’s own hyaluronic acid to create volume. Allergan officially released the product in January 2007, and LJCSC was a testing site. Studies show that results last up to 6–12 months. Juvéderm is effective for the nasolabial folds, under the eyes, between the eyebrows, and for lip plumping.
- Restylane Lyft (formerly Perlane): This dermal filler is the newest member of the Restylane family. The difference in Restylane Lyft is the gel particle size. Restylane Lyft gel particles are larger and designed for deeper injection than Restylane. It works well for severe facial wrinkles and folds.
- Radiesse: This filler is made with calcium hydroxiapatite (CaHA), a primary component of teeth and bones. No skin testing is required. Radiesse has a thicker consistency that allows it to last longer than most fillers, up to a year or longer. It is best for deeper nasolabial folds and rebuilding hollow areas.
- Restylane: Next to BOTOX, Restylane is our second most popular injectable. It is a hyaluronic acid filler (similar to Juvéderm) that plumps up creases under the skin. It is also used for nasolabial folds, under the eyes and between eyebrows. Restylane is the most popular product for creating fuller-looking lips. Results can last up to six months.
- Belotero Balance: Belotero Balance is a hyaluronic acid filler that is formulated to conform to a patient’s existing facial features especially well. It has a soft texture that smooths out moderate to severe wrinkles in the nasolabial folds and around the mouth. Belotero typically lasts 6 months or longer.
- Sculptra: Another product in our filler line-up, Sculptra is composed of poly-L-lactic acid, a synthetic material that does not require a skin test. Again, this product fills in wrinkles and depressions in facial areas such as the nasolabial folds. Sculptra is injected in small amounts so for certain areas multiple treatments are necessary, but results can last a year or more.
- Bellafill (formerly Artefill): The first injectable dermal filler approved by the FDA for use in the U.S., Bellafill uniquely combines purified bovine collagen gel, tiny synthetic beads (polymethymethacrylate), and lidocaine (anesthetic agent). Treatment results with Bellafill provide the longest-lasting wrinkle reduction available without surgery.