What is Restylane-L?
The “L” stands for lidocaine. Restylane-L combines the anesthetic lidocaine with Restylane® to help reduce discomfort during and after treatment.
Do Restylane® injections hurt?
Restylane® treatments are done in our office by appointment. An injection of numbing cream may be used to help with discomfort.
Can I go out in public after Restylane® injections?
After treatment, it is possible that you might have some swelling, redness, pain, bruising, or tenderness. Swelling may be more likely in patients under the age of 36, and bruising may be more likely in patients over the age of 35.
If you have been treated with Restylane® for the lips, it can take up to 14 days for mild swelling to subside. For the nasolabial folds or “smile lines” it can take up to 7 days for any swelling to disappear.
How long does Restylane® last?
According the maker of Restylane®, this filler can last up to 6 months. In our experience, results of hyaluronic acid filler products are quite consistent, all lasting an average of 6-9 months. Many patients recognize their results for a full year or longer, however due to the individual and uniqueness of each patient, it is best not to suggest this will be true for all.
Are there any injectable fillers that last longer than Restylane®?
If you’re interested in a filler that will last longer than 6-9 months, you may consider Sculptra or Radiesse.
How much does Restylane cost in San Diego?
The price of Restylane at our office is $600 for the 1mL syringe. Be sure to visit our specials page for current rebates, deals and specials on Restylane. Learn more about our injectables fees.
Your Options for Neurotoxin Injections at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Toxin injections are incredibly popular, with millions of procedures performed in the U.S. every year. When performed by a qualified provider, injections are a safe and effective way to refresh your appearance. The different brand name products are very similar in practice; each has a unique formulation that may make one more closely suited to your needs. Learn what to expect during treatment in our BOTOX & Dysport Q&A »
- BOTOX Cosmetic: BOTOX tends to be used mostly in muscles related to expression lines around the eyes, forehead, and mouth. It is often effective in areas where fillers may not be. BOTOX is a very safe and effective injectable and very popular among patients. Read our comprehensive guide about BOTOX Cosmetic: Not All BOTOX Is Created Equal.
- Dysport: Dysport is made with the same ingredient as BOTOX®—botulinum toxin type A—but in a different formulation. Like BOTOX, it tends to be most effective in treating wrinkles caused by muscles related to expression lines around the eyes, forehead, and mouth.
- Xeomin: As with BOTOX and Dysport, botulinum toxin is the active ingredient in Xeomin, and it is most effective for treating lines around the eyes and forehead. The difference is that Xeomin does not have accessory protein buffers surrounding the active molecules.
Your Filler Options at LJCSC
As you read the following, you will probably find that more than one of these products addresses your concerns. When you meet with Lauren or one of our board certified plastic surgeons, we will able to advise you as to which product or products will best help you achieve your desired result. Curious to know what filler treatments are like? Read our Dermal Filler Q&A.
expect with filler injections, read our Dermal Filler Q&A.
- Juvéderm: This hyaluronic acid-based family of gel fillers work together with the body’s own hyaluronic acid to create volume. Allergan officially released the product in January 2007, and LJCSC was a testing site. Juvéderm products can treat a variety of common concerns and are effective for nasolabial folds, under the eyes, between the eyebrows, and for lip enhancement. We offer the latest generation of Juvéderm fillers, including:
- VOLUMA XC to improve cheek contour and add natural volume
- VOLLURE XC for the long-term treatment of nasolabial folds
- VOLBELLA XC and Juvéderm Ultra & Ultra Plus XC for subtle lip plumping and softening of lines around the mouth.
- Restylane: Next to BOTOX, Restylane is our second most popular injectable. It is a hyaluronic acid filler that plumps up creases under the skin. We use it for nasolabial folds, under the eyes, and between eyebrows. Results typically last 6 to 9 months. Here at LJCSC, we offer a variety of Restylane fillers, including:
- Radiesse: This filler is made with calcium hydroxiapatite (CaHA), a primary component of teeth and bones. No skin testing is required. Radiesse can last longer than most fillers—12 months or longer. It is best for deeper nasolabial folds, rebuilding hollow areas, and rejuvenating the hands.
- Sculptra: Technically a collagen builder, Sculptra is composed of poly-L-lactic acid, and helps to gradually fill in wrinkles and depressions in facial areas such as the nasolabial folds by inducing natural collagen production. Sculptra is injected in small amounts so for certain areas multiple treatments are necessary, but results can last a year or more.
- Belotero Balance: Belotero Balance is a soft hyaluronic acid filler that is formulated to conform to a patient’s existing facial features especially well, and works beautifully for thinner, finer lines. Belotero typically lasts about 6 months.