Got a little bit of stubborn fat that won’t budge, despite a healthy diet and exercise? Now you can do something about it without surgery.
CoolSculpting Elite at San Diego’s La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre & Medical Spa eliminates up to 20-25% of treated fat cells, for good! By freezing fat cells until they are damaged, your body can then break them down and eliminate them from the area naturally. Your skin, muscle, and other tissues stay healthy and unharmed. No needles, no surgery, and no downtime—just results.
Before & After Photos
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Case: 1 of 3
How Does CoolSculpting Elite Work?
CoolSculpting Elite uses a proprietary technology called cryolipolysis. It uses controlled cooling to freeze fat cells to the point where they break down without causing damage to other tissues. Though results vary from person to person, cryolipolysis is one of the most studied nonsurgical techniques used for body contouring. It has proven very effective at reducing unsightly fat bulges that may have resisted diet and exercise in the past.
How is CoolSculpting Elite Different?
CoolSculpting Elite is the latest in CoolSculpting technology. The new applicators have more complete coverage of the treatment area and each machine has dual applicators, allowing treatment of multiple areas at the same time.
Best in the Region,
Best in the World 2020
LJC is your best choice for plastic surgery and med spa procedures in San Diego and around the globe.
Get the Full Story
Where on My Body Can I have CoolSculpting Elite Done?
CoolSculpting is FDA-cleared for reducing fat bulges in the following areas:
- Flanks (love handles/muffin top)
- Upper and lower abdomen
- Inner and outer thighs (saddlebags)
- Bra fat
- Back fat
- Submental area (double chin)
- Submandibular area (under the jawline)
- Underneath the buttocks (banana rolls)
- Upper arms
It’s a fantastic option for both men and women. Many guys have fat that won’t budge no matter how hard they work in the gym (we’re talking to you, love handles). CoolSculpting Elite takes care of what diet and exercise do not.
What to Expect at Your CoolSculpting Elite Appointment
Here’s what you can expect when you visit LJC for CoolSculpting:
- Get comfortable: You’ll come in for your appointment, change into a gown, and settle into the soft chair. Then we’ll apply the CoolSculpting gel pad and applicator to your problem area(s). You may feel a bit of suction as the device pulls the tissue into the applicator.
- Get treated: Your treatment lasts about 35 minutes. In the first few minutes, you might feel some pressure and intense cold while your fat cells get the blast. This usually subsides as the area numbs from the cold. The treatment process is so easy that most patients watch tv, read, or browse social media while the CoolSculpting machine does its work. At the end of your session, we’ll do a brief massage of the area.
- Get back to your day: After that, you’re done! Just get back to your healthy lifestyle and get ready to notice a slimmer silhouette in the mirror.
One of the biggest benefits of CoolSculpting Elite? The recovery process is a breeze. You may have some tingling, redness, sensitivity, or bruising in your treated areas, but this typically goes away in just a couple of days.
When Will I See My Results After CoolSculpting Elite?
You may see a reduction in as little as one month, as your body naturally gets rid of the fat cells. After 2 to 3 months, you should notice a real difference in how much slimmer you look and feel. Because the treated fat cells are gone for good, your results will last for as long as you’re able to maintain a stable body weight.
How Many CoolSculpting Elite Treatments Will I Need?
It’s important to “treat to complete,” meaning we want you to get the best possible results, which usually takes more than one treatment session. Some people are happy with the results they see after a single treatment. But typically, two treatment sessions, spread about 6 weeks apart, are needed to get people to their goal. If there is particularly stubborn fat in an area and after two sessions, you are not quite where you want to be, an extra treatment session might be recommended.
Is CoolSculpting Elite Safe?
CoolSculpting Elite is FDA-cleared to safely and effectively treat 9 areas of the body. The most common side effects are temporary mild bruising, numbness, redness, tingling, and swelling. More serious side effects are extremely rare.
Your Safety Is
Our #1 Priority
Since 1988, more than 36,000 patients have had safe, successful procedures at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre & Medical Spa.
Learn How We're Keeping You Safe
How Does CoolSculpting Elite Compare to Liposuction?
While both of these treatments are designed to reduce unwanted fat deposits, CoolSculpting Elite is best for those who are generally happy with their proportions but have modest yet pesky fat bulges.
Liposuction surgery may be better for those with larger fat deposits who could benefit from more dramatic reshaping, which a board-certified plastic surgeon achieves with surgery. Liposuction is still typically the best option for reducing fat on the face, neck, arms, or legs.
What Is the Zimmer® ZWave?
Enhance your CoolSculpting results with our Zimmer ZWave treatment system! Using radio pulse therapy (RPT), the ZWave effectively targets problem areas. Treatment is quick and increases fat reduction to maximize your CoolSculpting results. Best of all, it’s included in your CoolSculpting Elite pricing.
Why Choose LJC for CoolSculpting?
Here are a few ways we’re dedicated to giving you the best experience:
- The newest technology: LJC has invested in the latest technology, CoolSculpting Elite. Not only can you treat more areas at once with the dual applicator, the applicators provide greater treatment surface area, assuring you of the best result. And, because we have the full suite of contoured applicators, you’ll enjoy more uniform results in more areas than ever.
- Multiple Machines for Tri-Sculpting or Quad-Sculpting: We have several CoolSculpting machines, allowing us to treating multiple areas at once.
- Better results: Combining CoolSculpting with Zimmer ZWave technology enhances fat reduction.
- High ratings: Our CoolSculpting patients give us a 4.7 rating out of 5.
- Trusted source: We were one of the first practices in San Diego to offer CoolSculpting, so we have a long history with the technology and have done thousands of treatments.
- Experienced providers: Our medical spa providers have more than 10 years of combined experience using CoolSculpting, creating stunning results for men and women.
How Much Does CoolSculpting Elite Cost?
The cost of CoolSculpting at our San Diego practice is typically $750+. Pricing depends on the number of applicators that will be used and the number of treatments that will get you to your goal. Your treatment plan will be custom to you and will be finalized at your personal consultation. Ask about our package deals, where the more you buy, the more you save!
LJC is happy to accept payments through several affordable financing plans. Learn more on our financing page.
Your Dream Starts Today
The body of your dreams is just a consultation away. Let’s make it happen! To get started, request your free consultation online or give us a call at