It’s the skin rejuvenation treatment everyone is talking about
Life can be tough on our skin. That’s evident whenever we look at pictures of our 20-something selves. While excellent skin care can put the brakes on signs of aging, if the damage is already done, you’ll need something more to restore smoother skin and a younger complexion—something like microneedling!
What is microneedling?
Microneedling is a skin resurfacing treatment that uses a series of very fine needles to make microscopic “injuries” in the skin. It may sound strange that injuring skin can help it look better, but that’s exactly what happens: microneedling triggers your body’s natural healing response.
Following a microneedling treatment, extra blood flows to the skin, delivering proteins and growth factors to the area. Your skin uses these growth factors to build new collagen and regenerate healthy skin cells. As a result, your skin becomes firmer, smoother, and clearer.
What can microneedling treat?
At La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre & Medical Spa, we find microneedling especially useful to:
- Reduce fine lines around the eyes, nose, or mouth
- Diminish acne scars or scars from surgery or injury
- Smooth & tighten lax skin on the cheeks, neck, and décolletage
- Help stretch marks fade
- Minimize large visible pores
- Provide an overall improvement in skin tone & appearance
We use the Collagen P.I.N. for microneedling. Here’s why:
There are dozens of microneedling devices on the market; many work well, but we want only the very best for our patients. That’s why we use the Collagen P.I.N. at LJC. The “P.I.N.” stands for percutaneous induction needling, which is a fancy term for creating channels through the skin to induce the skin’s natural healing process, including dramatically increased collagen and elastin production.
Unlike older microneedling technologies, the Collagen P.I.N. is automated to ensure precise, safe, and even treatment for consistent improvements. Other benefits of the Collagen P.I.N. include:
- Safe & effective for all skin types
- Targets the same concerns as lasers with much less healing time
- Helps skincare products absorb more readily (and work more effectively!)
- Treats skin on the face, neck, hands, chest, or body