Are you visiting us for a procedure? La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre & Medical Spa is in a beautiful part of California, with many coastal and cultural delights surrounding us. If you want to visit the San Diego area you can plan your trip for any month, because the temperature averages a delightful 70 degrees all year long! May we share some tips with you so you can enjoy our area as the locals do?
- Spend a day at Balboa Park. In this 1200-acre urban park in San Diego, there are 17 museums and 19 gardens. The world-renowned San Diego Zoo is just one of the many attractions within the park. There are also venues for performing arts and recreation within this sprawling complex.
- Have a shopping spree! La Jolla has many high-end boutiques to explore and you can also visit the Westfield UTC Shopping Center, where you can buy everything from an iPad to artisan Venezuelan chocolate. In San Diego’s outdoor Fashion Valley Mall, 200 stores vie for your attention.
- Explore the coast around La Jolla. Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve is a 2000-acre plot that preserves some of the wildest areas along the Southern California coast. Nearby La Jolla Cove is one of the most photographed beaches in the state. Surf, sail, sun, and swim to your heart’s content.
- Play a round. Perched atop the Pacific Ocean, Torrey Pines Golf Course is one of the nation’s most spectacular links—and it’s a municipal course! Lessons, clinics, and summer camps are also offered.
- Enjoy a great meal. One hot restaurant in La Jolla is Tapenade, where award-winning chef Jean Michel Diot fuses traditional French Provencal dishes with contemporary American cuisine. The Thursday Cabaret Evenings are fantastic, when an amazing meal is accompanied by live jazz.
- Stay at a grand hotel. Opened as an apartment hotel in 1926, La Valencia was (and still is) a favorite escape for Hollywood’s elite. This Mediterranean jewel—known as the Pink Lady—offers stunning views of the Pacific, three restaurants, and conference and wedding facilities. Pamper yourself during your stay with a massage or facial.
- Take in a show. Our own La Jolla Playhouse is a local treasure, a professional non-profit theatre that has won more than 300 awards for excellence. It was founded in 1947 by actors Gregory Peck, Dorothy McGuire, and Mel Ferrer. In addition to fostering diverse, artist-driven works, the Playhouse also reaches out to the community with a variety of educational programs for all ages.