We’ve been feelin’ the #summervibes here at LJC, and we wanted to share with our GLAMfam*. Whether you’re working up a sweat at the gym, soaking up the sun at the beach, or traveling the world, everything’s better with the right soundtrack, right?!
We had the LJC fam submit their favorite summer tracks, from new to classic and everything in-between, to create the ultimate SoCal summer playlist. Be sure to add the playlist to your Spotify faves by clicking the heart icon. <3
A sneak peek of what you’ll hear:
- The Naked and Famous— This indie New Zealand group enjoyed success in 2019 with their “Sunseeker” video, but we thought we’d take it way back to 2010 with Girls Like You – a tune that’ll have you dancing in no time.
- Blondie’s “Heart of Glass” No GLAMtunes would be complete without the GLAM queen of the pop scene, Blondie. This tune hit #1 in both the UK and US charts.
- Speaking of HOT summer topics, Anaheim-born Austin Butler is starring in Elvis – opening in theaters this week! The movie is sure to be a summer blockbuster, so we simply had to include one of the rock god’s most popular tunes, A Little Less Conversation (but our version is a remix with JXL).
- Of course, we had to rep SoCal (and the classic 60s beach glam look) with The Beach Boys “California Girls”. This music was in the genre known as “California sound”. It was “originally identified for harnessing a wide-eyed, sunny optimism attributed to southern California teenage life in the 1960s.” (source)
- Is a poolside playlist complete without “Electric Love” by BØRNS?
- Did we miss your favorite summer tune? Message us at [email protected] using the subject line “GLAMtunes playlist addition” and we’ll add it!
What’s GLAMfam, you ask? Click here to learn all about our awesome VIP tribe!