"I love the way I look now and I’ve never felt like that before."- Judith
LJCSC Rhinoplasty Patient
San Diego Rhinoplasty at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
You may be a candidate for nose reshaping (rhinoplasty) if you have a nose that is cosmetically unattractive or does not “fit” with other facial features. Rhinoplasty may also be recommended for abnormal appearance of the nose as a result of birth defects, injury, or disease. Nose reshaping is intended to produce a more attractive nasal shape and/or a nose in better proportion to other facial features.
Rhinoplasty can range from $5,000–$6,500. Apply for financing now!
In San Diego, Rhinoplasty is done on an outpatient basis under sedation, with local or general anesthesia.
- STANDARD RHINOPLASTY: Incisions are made inside the nostrils. The nasal bones, cartilage, and soft tissues are reshaped to improve the external contour.
- OPEN RHINOPLASTY: Frequently used for difficult or larger noses. Involves one external incision across the columella (strut between the nostrils). Bones, cartilage, and soft tissues are reshaped under direct vision.
- TIP-PLASTY: If only the nasal tip is abnormal, it may be corrected with either a standard or external (open) approach.
Large nostrils may be reduced through tiny incisions at the outer base of the nostrils with either type of rhinoplasty.
Preoperative planning with your plastic surgeon will determine how the surgery will be performed. Computer Imaging can be performed at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre so that you can actually “see” what the result would look like with more or less correction.
An additional procedure that may enhance the result is a chin enlargement. If you need to improve your breathing, correction of a deviated septum (Septoplasty) may also be appropriate.
- Rhinoplasty Before & After Pictures
- Considering a Rhinoplasty?
- The Difference Between Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty
Please call La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre, San Diego, at (858) 452-1981 for more information on cosmetic surgery procedures including rhinoplasty surgery.
The specific risks and the suitability of rhinoplasty for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are rare. The information on this web site is not a substitute for a consultation. Call us at (858) 452-1981 to schedule your free consult with one of our San Diego Rhinoplasty surgeons.