Our 5 Core Values
You’ll see our little starfish as you interact with the surgeons and staff of La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre. It symbolizes our 5 core values and reminds us to act from our beliefs:
Commit to Safety · Pursue Excellence · Communicate & Educate · Create a Family Spirit · Embrace Change Together
- Pursue Excellence: When we founded our practice in 1988, we pledged to adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards. We chose to do not merely what’s required, but to do what we believe is right and best for our patients. We are continuously upgrading our knowledge, and it shows. Our strong reputation for quality and the trust of the community validates this commitment.
- Commit to Safety: This core value is part of everything we do and forms the foundation of our practice. You’ll see it reflected in how we operate.
- Our surgeons are Real Plastic Surgeons®. They are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the only board recognized to certify surgeons performing cosmetic surgery.
- Our facility is accredited by AAAASF (the American Association for the Accreditation Ambulatory Surgery Facilities). We run our surgical suite just like a hospital, so our trained personnel, equipment, and care processes ensure your safety.
- Our anesthesia providers are board-certified physicians. Many have multiple board certifications.
- Foster a Family Spirit: We care for you as much as a friend or family member. We want you to be comfortable while you enjoy your experience with us. A family atmosphere eases anxiety and promotes recovery. The restful ambiance of our facility and local accommodations for friends and family help, too. Patients actually tell us they will miss us when they don’t have to come for visits anymore.
- Communicate and Educate: We want you to feel secure and informed every step of the way. We believe proactive communication and education make a difference. We seek patient input through formal surveys and informal reviews to guide enhancements to our practice. As an example, patient comments led to the creation of our pre-surgical booklets, now used in hundreds of plastic surgery practices in the U.S. and around the world.
- Embrace Change Together: If you’re going to change your life, we want to help. We believe your experience will be better if you are a partner in the surgical process. To us, that involves two-way communication and a commitment to educating you about your surgical journey. It also involves the commitment of the entire LJCSC team—our doctors, nurses, and administrative staff.