We are committed to your plastic surgery safety
If you’re considering cosmetic surgery, your primary goal is to improve your appearance, so you want a plastic surgeon who’s known for delivering amazing results—but you also must be in safe, experienced hands. Here are 5 non-negotiable patient safety promises that we always have, and always will, offer our patients at La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre & Medical Spa.
Our surgeons are Real Plastic Surgeons®
There are over 100 doctors offering cosmetic surgery in the San Diego area, but did you know that not all of them are actually trained plastic surgeons? Choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon is essential for your safety, as only these doctors will have undergone years of residency training specifically in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Our plastic surgeons go one step further. They are Real Plastic Surgeons®, meaning they are:
- Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery—the only plastic surgery certifying board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties
- Members of the prestigious American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). Several are also members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) and are Fellows of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Experienced in all areas of cosmetic plastic surgery and have operating privileges at several San Diego area hospitals, including Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
Our surgical facility is AAAASF accredited
Our private, on-site surgical facility is accredited by American Association of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF), which is considered the gold standard in accreditation of surgical centers in the United States. What does AAAASF accreditation mean? It means you can rest assured that:
- Our operation room is fully equipped to carry out your procedure safely and efficiently and to respond to an emergency, should one arise
- Our anesthesiologists and OR support staff are fully trained and certified to perform their jobs
- Our board-certified plastic surgeons have full hospital privileges for the procedures they perform, meaning they can provide care in the hospital, if needed or preferred
- Our operating and recovery rooms are spotlessly clean and designed for patient privacy and comfort
Our anesthesiologists are board-certified MDs with decades of experience
While anesthesia today is significantly safer than it was just a few years ago, you still want to be sure you are in the most capable hands. We’ve worked with the same anesthesiology team at LJC for over 15 years. Our anesthesiologists are board certified in multiple specialties (including anesthesiology, of course), and also routinely provide services at area hospitals—they have experience working with patients of all ages, levels of health, and walks of life.
We keep you informed throughout your experience
At LJC, we believe that a safe plastic surgery experience is not limited to the operating room. Our entire team, from our front desk, to your plastic surgeon and nurses, will do everything we can to keep you fully informed: educating you about your procedure options, providing thorough pre- and post-operative care instructions BEFORE you make a final decision, and answering all of your questions honestly and to the best of our ability.
We don’t cut corners on follow-up care
Our commitment to your care and safety doesn’t end when you go home after your procedure. At La Jolla Cosmetic, our surgeons, nurses, and medical assistants will follow up with you as often as needed or desired after your procedure with phone calls at home as well as in-office visits to monitor your healing. We will support you through the physical and emotional aspects of recovery, and help you optimize your recovery to help you return to full activity and enjoy your results as quickly as possible.
If you want to learn more…
- Real Plastic Surgeons® & Your Safety
- Understanding Facility Accreditation
- Top 10 Points to Ponder
The above articles are based on our 31 years of experience in plastic surgery. We’ve served over 36,000 patients and are constantly working to educate the public on how to have safe and successful cosmetic surgery. Our founders are frequently asked to help educate other plastic surgery practices in patient care and customer service at professional society meetings.